GIST Scholarship in South Korea 2022 welcomes bright students and researchers to apply to study at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea. Students can apply for an MS, Ph.D., or MS leading to a Ph.D. GIST’s scholarship programs. The South Korean scholarship provides overseas students a fantastic chance to build a solid research foundation for science and technology growth. Students in South Korea’s top scholarship program will be able to collaborate and promote international and domestic research activities in the industrial and academic sectors.
By participation in research-oriented projects and courses, GIST fully supported foreign scholarship winners receive world-class scientific and technological knowledge and skills. The university’s GIST scholarship program in South Korea is a collaboration between the institution and the South Korean Ministry of Science and Technology. As an incentive to stimulate the development of scientific technologists and enhance innovation, the ministry gives complete financial assistance to students. Also check University of Detroit Mercy Scholarships 2022 – Study in USA.
GIST was founded in 1993 by the Korean Government and since then it has been home to world-class scholars and scientists. The GIST is the first national university of Korea to establish a comprehensive and foundational science curriculum based on an innovative educational system. GIST has been ranked 1st among South Korea’s top universities for the number of citations of professors and 4th on the QS World University Rankings. You can also apply for NCTU International Student Scholarships 2022 In Taiwan.
GIST Scholarships in South Korea 2022 Summary
- Scholarship Country: South Korea
- Scholarship University: Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
- Study Level: MS., PhD, integrated MS, & PhD
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligibility Criteria: International students
- Deadline: April 15, 2022
3.415,000 won per semester in tuition fee waiver.
Stipends are paid on a monthly basis.
The monthly stipend for M.S. students is 140,000 won.
Monthly stipend for Ph.D. students: 295,000 won
Health Care Coverage
Reimbursement for flights
Students that participate in research initiatives will be given research assistantships.
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Integrated Technology
- School of Life Science
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- For the GIST Scholarship 2022-2023, any overseas students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants for the Masters’s program must have a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Applicants for the Ph.D. program must have a master’s degree or equivalent.
- Statement Regarding the Submission of Application Documents (Form1)
- Official transcripts and certifications are required.
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Candidate Passport Copy English Proficiency Test
The deadline for overseas students to apply for the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship 2022-2023 in Korea is April 15, 2022.
How to Apply?
The application process for the GIST Scholarship in South Korea 2022 is online and simple.
- Online scholarship applications for the GIST South Korea program are required.
- All candidates must thoroughly complete out GIST online applications in order to be considered.
- All essential documents must be copied and attached to the application.
- Once the International Admissions Coordinator has reviewed and validated your application, you will be notified.
- You must complete the enrolling procedure by providing the needed papers in physical copy and paying the Matriculation Fee after receiving notification. (Please note that students in financial need may be exempt from paying the matriculation fee.)