Good news for Pakistani students, Kennedy Lugar youth exchange and study program for the academic year of 2022 to 2023 is open for applications. Youth Exchange Program is a joint collaboration of the United States and Pakistan for the young high school intellectual students in Pakistan. It is a fully-funded program and students will go to the USA on exchange program study. Free Study in Saudi Arabia: King Abdulaziz University Scholarships 2022 in Saudi Arabia
The YES program is fully funded U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and is implemented by a consortium of organizations led by American Councils. The students will join the high schools of America to exchange the rich cultures and extracurricular. USA is offering this YES program to all countries with a dominant Muslim population. Study in France Without IELTS: Study in France Without IELTS – A Detail Guide
This is the best USA Scholarship for High School Students in Pakistan. Pakistani High School Students scholarships are offered by the USA. In Pakistan, the Society for International Education (SIE) is overseeing the YES program in partnership with the local U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Office. This is the best US exchange program for High Scholls students. Study in Malaysia without IELTS: Free Study in Malaysia 2022 – University of Malaya Funding Guide
Kennedy Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Program Details
- Country: USA
- Partner Country: Pakistan
- Funding By: U.S. Department of State’s Bur
- Eligibility: Pakistani
- Study Level: High School (9th, 10th, O Level Students)
- Funding: Fully Funded
- Duration: 1 year
- Deadline: 15th September 2021
YES program will cover the following expenses for selected students.
- Airfare Ticket
- complete tuition fee waiver
- Monthly stipend of 125USD per month
- Visa Fee, Boarding and Lodging Expenses
NOTE: All YES exchange students will be hosted by American families for one academic year and attend an American high school.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 15 – 17 by the start of program (August 15, 2022).
- Applicants must be enrolled in a secondary school at the time of application.
- Applicants must have the equivalent of a “B” average or better and no failing grades.
- Applicants must meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility requirements (U.S. citizens are not eligible for a J-1 visa).
- Applicants must be citizens of Pakistan.
- Applicants must be enrolled in 9 th or 10 th grade or ‘O’ Levels at a secondary school in Pakistan at the time of application. (Note for ‘O’ Level students: Only ‘O’ Level 9 th grade or ‘O’ Level 10 th grade students are eligible to apply. ’O’ Level 11 th graders are not eligible.)
- Applicants must have earned minimum marks of 60% in all major/core subjects (English, mathematics, sciences) in the last session attended without any failing grades and have at minimum, overall average marks of 60% for the past three academic years (2018-19, 2019-20 and 2020-21).
- Applicants who were promoted without taking the annual examinations in the 2019-20 academic year due to COVID-19, will need to obtain a subject wise performance document from their school. The document must be stamped and signed by an authorized school official. Also, if they had any class test mark sheet (transcript) for 2019-20, they must also attach it when filling out the online application. (Note: Applicants must earn minimum marks of 60% in all subjects on the annual exams that will be held in 2022, prior to their departure to the U.S. Students will be required to send their mark sheets from the last examination.)
- Students with a gap year or a repeated year are ineligible.
- The student must be able to communicate in English. Applicants must have earned a minimum mark of 60% in English for the past three academic years (2018-19, 2019-20 and 2020-21).
- The student must be at least 15 years old and no older than 17 years old on August 15, 2022.
- The student must not have traveled to the United States.
In addition to the above requirements, students who also meet the following criteria are more likely to be short-listed for the final round of selection.
- The applicant can represent and demonstrate Pakistani culture and values at American schools and communities.
- The applicant demonstrates maturity, flexibility, adaptability, good character and scholastic aptitude.
- The applicant is willing to participate in the host family’s daily life.
- The applicant has record of all necessary immunizations, as outlined in the Final Student Application, before arriving in the United States.
- The applicant demonstrates flexibility and a commitment to promoting cross-cultural understanding.
- The applicant agrees to attend classes as a full-time student and maintain at least a ‘B’ grade average.
- The applicant agrees to abide by the ‘YES Student Rules’ as outlined in the YES Final Application and all other rules and policies during the program.
Free PhD in Hong Kong: Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2022 – HKUST
The application will go through the following steps.
1- Online Preliminary Application: Applicant will lunch an online application through the portal
2- Online Interview: After initial screening, an interview will be conducted with the applicant.
3- Proctored Essays, Group Activity, and In-person Interview: Students who are selected in the interviews are called for a Proctored Essay and group activity in person.
4 ELTiS: After selection in step three, students will have to take an English Proficiency Exam.
5- Final Evaluation: After the test, final evaluation is made and students are informed through a letter by the YES program director about their selection.
The last date to apply for the Kennedy Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Program 2022-2023 is 15th September 2021.
How to Apply
The application process is online through the porta. Please visit the official link for detail.